Open 7 Days – 8am to 8pm
Physiotherapy is a clinical health profession that aims to rehabilitate people following injury and improve movement disorders. Through mobilisation, manipulation, exercise, manual therapy and education, Physiotherapy aims to restore normal function to patients suffering a wide range of injuries, or pain.
At Brisbane 7 Day Physio, we are proud to be members of the Australian Physiotherapy Association. This guarantees that your Physiotherapist is fully insured and is governed by a stringent professional code of conduct.
Our team are vastly experienced to treat a very broad range of conditions. We will work closely with you through the entire rehabilitation process to ensure your goals are met, whatever your challenge may be.
The types of conditions which physiotherapy can help with are:
- Back pain, neck pain & sciatica
- Sports and non-sports related Injuries
- Work injuries
- Rehabilitation after injury or surgery
- All joint sprains and pains
- Cartilage and ligament injuries
- Shoulder and Rotator cuff injuries
- Muscle strains
- Women’s health issues (pelvic floor, core stability, pregnancy)
- Fitness and strength programmes
- Children’s conditions and injuries
- Vertigo, dizziness and balance issues
What to Expect
The initial consultation will normally require 30 minutes depending on the complexity of your problem. The physiotherapist will conduct a thorough initial clinical assessment to identify the source of your symptoms and uncover any underlying causes. The findings will be discussed with you. Treatment would normally begin in this session.
Physiotherapy treatment is strictly one-on-one using hands-on techniques. All follow-up appointments are usually 30 minutes. There are no overlapping appointments with other patients. Quality of treatment is of utmost importance when seeing any of our practitioners. During these sessions your symptoms will be discussed, and treatment will be tailored and adapted on a session-by-session basis.
The physiotherapist has the expertise to mobilise stiff joints and/or release tight muscles and can create a personal program of exercises to strengthen weak structures or advise as to what activities to do or to avoid to accelerate recovery or prevent re-injury.
Treatment techniques can include:
- Mobilisation and manipulation
- Soft tissue and myofascial release
- Massage and trigger point techniques
- Gym and Cardiovascular Fitness Programmes
- Pilates Core Stability Programmes
- Acupuncture / Dry needling
- Education and advice on prevention and self-management
- Pre-Employment Assessments
- Manual Handling Training
- Ergonomics Assessments
How We Can Help
Whether you are rehabilitating from surgery, have developed pain through overuse, or have suffered an acute or chronic injury, why not get in touch with Brisbane 7 Day Physiotherapy today and get better, faster.
Our Physiotherapists, based in Ferny Grove and The Gap, will help get you on the road to recovery.